Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Refuse to Regain in 2011

Hi Friends,
Here we are on the night before another Thursday weigh in and I think I will be even from last week. I did manage to hit my goal of no gain last week after all the parties, so I must be burning it off. Remember "calories inc calories out". I know that we all worry about the holidays and the extra calories all around us, but if you can make it to the New Year, then things will go back to normal and what a great time to focus on finishing my goal. I set a personal goal when I started the Lighten Up in 2010 contest of 199lbs and I have about 20lbs to go. I have maintained the 85lb weight loss now for about 5 months. Over that time I have learned so much about my diet and what it is going to take to get the last 20 lbs off. Here is my plan as follows:
  • Breakfast - 1/2 banana and some fruit / coffee
  • Lunch - salad w/fat free dressing
  • Dinner - 5oz lean meat, chicken or fish and a green veggie
  • Lot's of water and exercise.
If I follow this I will be down to my goal in about a month. I will mix in some Optifast protein shakes as needed. They control my hunger almost immediately. I have learned to sort of enjoy the true hunger pains and to realize that I am burning calories during that hunger period. This comes from a person who never quit eating long enough to ever experience hunger pains before. I want to enjoy the last week of 2010 and I want to reflect on what a wonderful life changing year it has been for me.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment