Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Battling the Parties

Hi Friends,
I survived two birthday parties this past weekend. One was for my newly married brother in law who has a new wife that is a chef. The food was amazing and there was lots to chose from. I always try to make good choices, but I know that my calories were way over the norm. Life goes on and I know that I will always have to stay focused on calories in, calories out. This means that I need to keep moving and burn off what I eat on a daily basis. It is that simple! I went to the YMCA over the weekend to do my 30 minute run and there was a good chart on the wall the gave examples of calories in, calories out. When you realize what it takes to burn off certain foods, you may decide not to eat that just because it isn't worth it. This is why it is so important for me to continue to educate myself about weight gain and just how easy it happens. I just shiver when I hear the percentage of people that regain the weight back after weight loss. Anyway, back to the parties. The second party was at my house for my five year old. Once again there was lots of great food and drink. These parties were back to back on Saturday and Sunday and I have to say that I was glad when Monday rolled around to get back to normal. We have our monthly Refuse to Regain meeting this Thursday and I have alot to talk over with the maintainer experts in the group. I have my weekly weigh-in this Thursday as well and I will be happy with no gain this week.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment