Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year...Now Let's Get Started

Hi Friends,
I love the holidays! I have two young daughters (second grade and pre-school) so you can imagine how crazy and fun my holidays are at this age. I keep thinking about last Christmas and I realize that if I hadn't lost the 85lbs this past year, I may not have even been around this Christmas to share all the wonderful moments with my young family. I have started my plan yesterday with very light meals and one protein shake to start my day. I was hungry all day yesterday and I realize that I didn't spend much time feeling these hunger pains throughout the holiday season. If you stick to your plan with no snacking between meals, you will get truly hungry throughout the day and I have learned to welcome these hunger pains as my weight loss friend. If you want to lose weight, you have to experience HUNGER! This is a great time of year to put your plan into motion because I don't want to see another Christmas cookie for a while! The thing that makes this New Year so much different for me is that I know that I will stick to the plan and not just attempt to be good for a week or two and maybe even three weeks (for the really serious New Years Resolution minded) before falling off the wagon. I want to go to the YMCA today and do my 30 minute run and hit Bally's this week so I may have to do some zig zagging on the track to dodge the extra crowd of people but that's OK with me. Wish me luck!

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment