Monday, January 10, 2011

Protein Shakes Needed

Hi Friends,
I am trying to get back into the consistent weight loss mode and it is a challenge. I spent the 6 month period during the Lighten Up in 2010 contest, losing weight at a double digit pace each month. I am having a very good week and I think that I am finally focused after the holidays. I am drinking one protein shake a day to control my hunger and I may need to increase to 4 a day to help reach my goal of 199lbs. The Optifast shakes at 4 a day helped me to lose the weight and while I do not want to stay on these shakes for the rest of my life, I know that this is something that finally worked for me. I truly feel that once I reach this goal I will be able to maintain with a healthy diet and exercise. I can always fall back on the shakes when needed.

Bob

1 comment:

  1. While I think it's great that you found a way of eating, albeit a very restrictive one, that worked for you to lose a large amount of weight in a very short amount of time, I believe your thinking now to be faulty. First of all, consider all your body has gone through in the last six months! Don't you think it makes sense that it might need an adjustment period, and you might do better to work on developing healthy eating habits that help you to sustain your weight loss? Secondly, always looking for the quick fix could be setting you up for serious failure down the road. Weight loss isn't always going to be fast! Especially considering you're no longer obese and don't have nearly as much weight to lose. If you're stiill going to your doctor/nutritionist, I advise you to discuss this with them. I think you're being horribly unrealistic, and this could set you up for a really challenging time when it does come time to maintain for real. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete