Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Meet Our Bloggers: Bob Kaseda

Bob Kaseda was also a contestant in The News-Herald's "Lighten Up in 2010" challenge. Losing 85 pounds in just six months with the help of Dr. Berkeley and the use of Optifast supplements, Bob took an easy second place.

At 52 years old, Bob decided that he had to make some permanent life changes if he was going to be around long enough to walk his two daughters down the aisle one day. "I was an average kid," Bob says, "but I started gaining weight in high school and have yo-yo dieted ever since. I went from 240 to 185 pounds between between 1975 and 1976. By the time 1994 rolled around, I was a solid 300 pounds. But I dropped to 235 by the end of that year, after meeting my wife." By January 2010, however, when The News-Herald's contest began, Bob tipped the scales once again at 304 pounds.

"The third time is the charm for me," says Bob. "I'm now 218 pounds and determined to do whatever it takes to keep the weight off. This is for myself and my family. I need to be around for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment