Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back on Track...Hopefully!

First and formost I have to thank Jen for setting up this blog site for us. I found that while participating in the News Herald contest blogging was a very effective tool for me. I got my invitation e-mail at a very appropriate time. It is the day before Thanksgiving and my boss ordered in a pre-Thanksgiving lunch of pizza, wings and salad. Needless to say, since I am writing this first blog during my lunch, it was not difficult to just eat a big salad with my own chicken on it and be satisified.

I met Jen for the first time at our last maintainers meeting. I almost didn't attend the meeting because I was so disgusted with myself because I had put on 6 of the 22 lbs. that I had lost during the contest in just three short months from the end of it. After listening to Jen's story, I was totally inspired again to "nip this in the bud!"  I spoke with Dr. Berkeley after the meeting, and she suggested that I make an appointment with her nutritionist to get help in getting back in track. I called the very next day and went to see her on Saturday. So I am back to watching what I do very carefully. I have vowed to myself that I will take that off by our next meeting on December 16th.

Now all I have to do is make it through the Thanksgiving weekend. I am confident that by writing these blogs, I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment